- As a self-professed Pollyanna, I believe in the goodness of people and have hope that challenging days will lead only to better days.
- My cup is more than half full, never empty. It is the people who keep it filled.
- Every once in while, but not often, I have ‘feet of clay’ and trip on them. What to do? Pick them up, suck it up, own it, admit it, and move on. PS – did I tell you I also mix metaphors? A LOT !
Anyone can get overwhelmed if we dwell on everything that must be accomplished. So keep a list but focus mostly on what can be done today rather than on the list as a whole, and get things done – even if you have to apply the 95:5 rule to Never miss a deadline! I told my graduate students this a LOT
- I would rather be outside than inside, and if inside I need windows to fill my view.
- A favorite quote from a former student, “Friday nights are for laughing!”
- Bob Dylan may have said it best, “May you stay forever young.” That’s my plan.
- I am such a lucky person to have the opportunities I have had and continue to have. Part of being lucky, however, stems from keeping an open mind to opportunity.